Our Careers page will post job ads from members free of charge. Non-member job placements will be posted for $250 and will remain on the website for 60 days. Please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
Posted: January 24, 2023
Orthopedic Oncology opportunity with busy, employed practice in Denver, Colorado
· Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
· Fellowship trained in Musculoskeletal Oncology
· Highly motivated; team player
· Competitive market salary
· Comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, 401k, CME, malpractice, generous paid time off
· Sign on bonus and relocation assistance
About Colorado Limb Consultants and Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center:
· Comprised of three fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons, Colorado Limb Consultants is dedicated to the field of complex limb treatment, including bone and soft tissue cancers
· Due to their narrow focus, the team at Colorado Limb Consultants has more experience with rare conditions and injuries, often innovating techniques and treatment plans for patients
· Licensed for 687 beds, P/SL serves as a tertiary referral center for Colorado and contiguous states
· Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center is located in uptown Denver, part of HealthONE, Denver’s largest hospital system, and part of HCA Healthcare, a leading national healthcare system with 185 hospitals in 20 states
Denver is one of the healthiest and fastest-growing cities in the country. The mile-high city enjoys breathtaking views of the Rockies to the west and residents are 90 minutes from some of the best skiing and hiking in the world. Coloradans are serious about sports. We watch our professional teams and play with amateur and youth clubs at every level of performance. With 300 annual days of sunshine, residents can play, walk and run outdoors all year.
Applicants can apply via this URL: Orthopedic Oncology Opportunity in Denver, CO in Denver, Colorado, United States (hcahealthcare.com)
Or, you may contact:
Park Meadors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Manager, Physician Recruitment
Posted: December 13, 2022
Oncologic Orthopaedic Surgeon – University of California, San Francisco
Assistant or Associate Level Position
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting an orthopaedic surgeon with subspecialty expertise in oncology.
The selected individual will provide diagnostic, interventional and surgical management for patients with a variety of orthopaedic tumors and tumor-like conditions. The incumbent will be expected to collaborate in clinical, translational, and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer-reviewed journals. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for teaching clinically relevant topics to residents, fellows, and medical students. Both didactic and bedside teaching is required. Subspecialty training in arthroplasty in addition to Orthopaedic Oncology would be valued, but would not be necessary for the successful applicant. This position would also involve 20% time at the San Francisco VA medical center. The time at the SFVA would involve running the orthopedic oncology service and performing primary joint arthroplasty.
All of the requirements must be met by the time of hire.
• Board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery.
• Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency program.
• Completed an Orthopaedic Oncology fellowship program.
• A valid California medical license.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/3668609.
Posted: November 25, 2022
Musculoskeletal Oncology Division Chief opportunity in nationally-ranked academic orthopedic.
The Wahington University Division Chief of Musculoskeletal Oncology in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery will be responsible for leadership, strategy, and day-to-day oversight of the Division, ensuring alignment with the goals and objectives of the Department, Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
THE DIVISION CHIEF WILL:
- Develop and oversee the strategic plan for the growth of the MSK oncology orthopedic service line locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Ensure high quality, patient-centered care. The Chief will work to maximize effective care delivery models and staffing to optimize efficiency and patient volume with high patient satisfaction.
- Maintain an environment that prioritizes education for medical students, residents and fellows, and oversee the education al program, including Resident conference schedule participation and specialty conferences
- Develop a culture of collaboration to ensure all faculty are academically productive, contributing to the academic mission, and developing a national profile in orthopedic surgery.
- The Division supports investigators with an interest in furthering our understanding of diseases and conditions, including primary and secondary MSK oncology an adult reconstructive surgery.
- Prioritize diversity and inclusion amongst faculty and staff and ensure equitable clinical care for all patients.
- Meet with and mentor all members of the Division with the objective of helping faculty members develop and meet personal goals in alignment with the Department goals.
- Engage each member of the Division for participation in group responsibilities, including assigning responsibilities for call and committee service at the hospitals.
- Develop a strong working relationship with hospital partners.
- Work with Department and hospital leaders on special activities that further the Division and Department goals, such as US News & World Report rankings. We’re proud to rank #10 in the nation for pediatric orthopedics at St. Louis Childre’s Hospital and are #1 in Missouri for both adult and pediatric orthopedics.
DIVISION CHIEF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly attendance at the Division Chief Meeting
- Participation in quality and safety initiatives
- Division and Department strategic planning
- Year-end clinical and financial review meetings with Division providers
- Represent the Department and MSK oncology service on hospital medical committees
- Represent the Department and meet with hospital leadership to advance our mission
About Washington University Orthopedics and Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to have a national and international impact on orthopedics through excellence in clinical care, education, research and leadership. Our vision is to grow our impact on patients and our community by improving access and outcomes, to expand our geographic footprint, to train in the next generation of orthopedic surgical leaders, and to transform the future of orthopedic care through discovery and innovation.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and a Level-One Trauma Center
- Washington University Orthopedics and Barnes-Jewish Hospital are raked #1 in St. Louis and Missouri for adult orthopedics
- Team physicians for the St. Louis Blues and local club sports, collegiate and high school teams around the St. Louis area
- St. Louis is the hub for international research and exceptional patient care
- Our MSK oncology specialists work closely with specialists across Washington University School of Medicine, providing seamless, coordinated care.
- Siteman Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cance Center in Missouri and within a 240-mile radius of St. Louis
Contact: Please email a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Regis O’Keefe, MD, PhD
Fred C. Reynolds Professor and Chair
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
email@example.com / 314-747-8414
Charles Goldfarb, MD
Professor, Executive Vice Chair
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
firstname.lastname@example.org / 314-747-4705